Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of Consultant for Art Facilitator.
Creative Youth for Tolerance program (CREATE) aims to improve pluralism and tolerance in schools using art and cultural-based approaches. Art experiences can bring excitement and give pleasant and relaxing experiences. Art makes it easier for someone to accept different expressions of themselves and makes them understand different perspectives of their surroundings more easily. Students in high school age are in a phase of developing competence, self-identity, and seeking affirmation, amidst the dynamics of virtual and social interaction that mingle between good information and hate speech. Therefore, abilities to filter and sort out information as well as to respond to the information appropriately are needed. Students participating in the program are expected to have the ability to think critically, have an understanding of social inclusion and apply it in everyday life, including when socializing with their peers. In this development environment, the role of parents, teachers, and other educational communities is needed to support the progress of student competencies.
Hivos is seeking qualified candidates for the Art Facilitator position based in Jawa Barat, Jawa Timur and Sulawesi Selatan. This is a long term opportunity and the start date will be August 2020.
Aim of the job
- Encourage discussion and oversee students’ understanding, evaluate their learning and group dynamics.
- Representative of the CREATE program, change agents in spreading and applying tolerance values in local communities.
- Establish thorough understanding of local context and actors for an effective and efficient project implementation.
- Build mutual understanding of schools and local communities while maintaining coordination with CREATE core team and facilitators so they can track progress, result and issues in the field.
- Inspire and deliver collaborative learning based on the understanding of the program objectives, be proactive and problem solver.
- Involve with CREATE core team in programmatic innovation, such as curriculum development.
Art facilitators report to Field Officers in Hivos and Yayasan Ganara Mariberbagi Seni. In implementing the program, facilitators will work in coordination with project staff in Hivos and partner organizations. Each facilitator is designated in a duty station where they currently live.
Roles and responsibilities
- Become a representative of the CREATE program in the program domain and school by applying values held in the CREATE program.
- Develop curriculum together with the CREATE team, teachers, and students, by adapting local culture and values held in the program.
- Coordinate with schools to make sure the implementation of the program runs smoothly before and during activity.
- Teach program modul in the appointed time according to the guideline made before.
- Prepare equipment and material for art activity before and during activity in the appointed school.
- Hand routine evaluation report of the activities and development of the activities (format will be provided) to Field Officer and CREATE core team.
- Assist Project Officer and Field Officer in curating students’ artwork to be performed in art exhibitions.
- Organize administration documents and program substance well and keep the confidentiality of the documents.
- Teach in schools and working areas.
- Disseminate and collect monitoring form on education and tolerance at school/respective area. Form analyzing will be done collaboratively for the next process.
- Facilitate beneficiaries in education forums that involve students, teachers, and parents.
- Involve in the collaboration process and learning program along with local stakeholders.
- Involve in students’ visit to local minority/marginal groups that will be held as part of Youth Camp series.
- Facilitate art collaboration production session in Youth Camp series.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Age 20-35
- Minimum D3 degree from any education background or equivalent working experience (1 year)
- Willing to learn and like new things.
- Having confidence to take the role as group leader or do public speaking.
- Having the latest knowledge on social issues or education issues.
- Like discussion and youth development-related activities.
- Having interest in art or education.
- Having an open mind and willingness to learn about gender equality, multi culture, individual variety, culture, and beliefs.
- Having effective verbal communication skill (eg. Active listening, speak systematically).
- Having experience in education-related activity or teaching. Having knowledge about the richness and potential of local culture is a plus.
- Able to work in a team.
- Able to work with organizations with various backgrounds.
- Having analysis skill and good administration skill.
- Having good team or individual observation skills, able to observe program dynamic, and identify problems in the field.
- Living and willing to teach in the area that becomes the target of CREATE regional implementation program.
- Having commitment to join selection sessions, facilitator training, and curriculum making with CREATE core team.
- Having commitment to work full time for the project in 24 months; the 1st tenure (contract phase) starting from August 2020 until March 2021.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should send their CV/resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 July 2020 with “CREATE Art Facilitator” as the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/