Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of Analyst on Green and Inclusive Energy on Localizing SDGs.
Through the Strategic Partnership program, Hivos supports independent journalists, activists, businesses and civil society organizations in their efforts to influence policies and practices in sustainable food, green and inclusive energy and open contracting both at the national and subnational level. The program is a Citizen Agency consortium funded by Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).
Indonesia has issued Presidential Regulation No. 59/2017 on SDGs implementation down to the sub-national. According to the regulation, governors are expected to report the achievement of SDGs implementation at the sub-national level. This implies that localizing SDGs from the national to the sub-national level becomes important. Strategic Partnership program in Indonesia views that localizing SDGs needs to be concrete, to be implemented at the sub-national levels.
Strategic Partnership program consists of three issues (food, green, and inclusive energy) which also contributes to the achievements of SDGs in Indonesia. Energy is a prerequisite for development. Without energy, it is difficult for people to live as all of human’s activities are always involving energy; be it to prepare nutritious food, mobilizing from one place to another, lighting for evening activities, and even to enable people to make a living. However, we also believe that energy supply needs to be sustainable and contribute to the mitigation of climate change.
The program requires a team / individual to carry out a baseline research to seek possible solutions to synergize sustainable food production by small-scale food producers and transparent open contracting processes within the context of SDGs implementation at the local level in Central Java province.
Scope of work
The consultant will produce a baseline data on how open contracting processes can support the small-scale food producers at the subnational level in Central Java Province as well as in one city/regency in Central Java to be involved government procurement process.
Scoping study on access to government procurement by small scale food producer (Small & Medium Enterprises) in Central Java Province as well as in one city/regency in Central Java
To achieve the deliverables, consultant is expected to do the following:
- To analyze the Provincial Energy Plan on cooking fuel and renewable energy in Central Java
- To map out gap between energy needs and Government supply
- To map out the needs of clean/renewable energy in Central Java Province as well as in one city/regency in Central Java, in particular for SMEs
- To analyze the relevance of Central Java RUED and its Provincial Action Plan to achieve SDGs on Sustainable Energy for All (Goal 7)
- To map out actors at the supply side, including Government budget allocation for renewable energy
- To provide recommendation on achieving Central Java RUED
- To provide recommendation on intervention strategy to achieve universal access to energy in Central Java through access to information, in coordination with Open Contracting team
- To identify how female-led SMEs and/or SME groups produce their products, whether they already use clean/renewable energy.
- To map out best practices of SMEs that already using clean/renewable energy, including what are the potential products with sufficient accessible source of renewable/clean energy, and the potential for replication to other SME groups.
- To understand consumers’ perspective in Central Java Province as well as in one city/regency in Central Java on sustainable food production, including the use of clean/renewable energy and factors that drive them to purchase the products.
The scoping study would be conducted in November 2019 – January 2020.
Knowledge, Experiences and Competencies
We are seeking an Indonesian team/ organization with the following qualities:
- Have at least 5 years experience in SDGs issues including know how on SDG indicators in local level
- Have at least 5 years experience of research
- Have in-depth knowledge of governance, accountability, and public participation for better public service delivery.
- Able and flexible enough to work within and has access on relevant food and energy information sources (including network meetings) to gather data
- Good command of English.
- Ability to demonstrate strong values on humanity.
How to apply?
Interested parties must submit a Curriculum Vitae (of the individual / team members) and a proposal including budget to email@example.com no later than 20 October 2019 with email subject Energy Analyst on Localizing SDGs .
Please be sure to compile all CVs into one document and send it along with one proposal if you are applying as a team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/