Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of Lead Analyst on Localizing SDGs.
Through the Strategic Partnership program, Hivos supports independent journalists, activists, businesses and civil society organizations in their efforts to influence policies and practices in sustainable food, green and inclusive energy and open contracting both at the national and subnational level. The program is a Citizen Agency consortium funded by Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).
Indonesia has issued Presidential Regulation No. 59/2017 on SDGs implementation down to the sub-national. According to the regulation, governors are expected to report the achievement of SDGs implementation at the sub-national level. This implies that localizing SDGs from the national to the sub-national level becomes important. Strategic Partnership program in Indonesia views that localizing SDGs needs to be concrete, to be implemented at the sub-national levels.
Strategic Partnership program consists of three issues (food, green, and inclusive energy) which also contributes to the achievements of SDGs in Indonesia. Aside from the three issues can contribute as standalone, we view that the linkage between the three issues may accelerate the achievement of the related goals; namely goal 1, 2, 5, 7, 12, 13, and 16 of the SDGs.
The program requires a team / individual to carry out a baseline research at sub-national level to provide information on the implementation of SDGs at the local level through the issue of food, green and inclusive energy and open contracting processes. .
Strategic Partnership (SP) in Indonesia (Energy, Food, and Open Contracting) are working in the same region in Indonesia (Central Java), with our partners. These partners are currently monitoring the development of SDGs. Therefore, this provides an opportunity to have collaborations between all SPs, on the same issue to localize SDGs.
Scope of work
The consultant will produce a baseline data on energy, food governance and how open contracting processes can support the government at the subnational level in Central Java Province as well as in one city/regency in Central Java.
Scoping study on energy, food, and open contracting in localizing SDGs
To achieve the deliverables, consultant is expected to do the following:
- Organizing and facilitating workshop and focus group discussions related to the scoping studies
- Identifying the linkages between energy – food – open contracting issues under SDGs, in form of indicators;
- Identifying the needs for effective implementation of SDGs at the local level
- Developing database of activities, project owners, and interested parties on SDGs related activities in the abovementioned regions.
The scoping study would be conducted in October 2019 – January 2020.
Knowledge, Experiences and Competencies
We are seeking an Indonesian team / organization with the following qualities:
- Have at least 5 years experience in SDGs issues including know how on SDG indicators in local level
- Have at least 5 years experience of research
- Have in-depth knowledge of governance, accountability, and public participation for better public service delivery.
- Able and flexible enough to work within and has access on relevant food, energy and open contracting (including network meetings) to gather data
- Good command of English.
- Ability to demonstrate strong values on humanity
How to apply?
Interested parties must submit a Curriculum Vitae (of the individual / team members) and a proposal including budget to email@example.com no later than 18 October 2019 with email subject Lead Analyst on Localizing SDGs .
Please be sure to compile all CVs into one document and send it along with one proposal if you are applying as a team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/